RECOMMENDED CAMPING SPOTS
1. DEL RIO RIVERSIDE RESORT – Wisemans Ferry, NSW – Only 90 minutes from our office.
Del Rio Riverside Resort is set on 3kms of beautiful Hawkesbury River frontage at Wisemans Ferry surrounded by a majestic mountainous backdrop. It is the perfect place for families, large groups, conferences, weddings or just a quick get-away.
What better way to spend your short break or holiday, than with friends and family around a camp fire enjoying great company and then retiring to your camper trailer at night. You can cook your own dinner on the BBQs provided or get a bite to eat at the High Tide Bistro found on site. Upon waking to the birds and the entire natural habitat around you, it will be hard to believe that you are only a little over an hour away from suburbia. They have unpowered and powered sites and provide a basic camp kitchen with a fridge, toaster, jug and hot plates. Amenities and BBQ’s spread throughout the grounds.
There are approx 100 unpowered sites, with approximate size of 8m x 8m, 6 powered grass sites suitable for camper trailers, 15 powered sites with concrete slab, also suitable for camper trailers and larger camper trailer & caravan sites 10m x 10m. Camp fires are allowed, except during the months of December, January and February.
It’s an ideal location with a diverse range of activites for the kids whilst Mum and Dad can relax. At Del Rio Riverside Resort you’ll find everything you’ve been looking for such as:
- Swimming Pool
- BMX Track
- Volley Ball Court
- 9 hole Golf Course
- Putt Putt Golf Course
- Water Ski-ing
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Bush Walking
- Jumping Pillow
- Netball/Basketball Court
For more information and for bookings, please contact the friendly team at Del Rio Riverside Resort on 02 4566 4330 or visit their website www.delrioresort.com.au
2. UPPER COLO RESERVE – Hulbert Rd, Upper Colo, NSW – Only 60 minutes from our office.
The Upper Colo Camping / Recreation Reserve is situated beside the Colo River and covers 13.8 hectares, two-thirds is native bushland that adjoins the Wollemi National Park. Colo Wilderness has been identified as one of the 20 real wilderness areas remaining in South East Australia.
The reserve offers a wilderness camping experience with great access to the Colo River. It is ideal for families and those that want to enjoy nature. Other features include:
- Please report to the Ranger prior to setting up your camp site.
- The Reserve caters for 150 person per night only.
- The Reserve is isolated but easily accessible by private vehicle and is surrounded by Wollemi National Park.
- No Mobile or Wireless connection is available at the camp ground.
- The road is a narrow winding gravel road that is not suitable for caravans.
- There are large cleared areas suitable for camping.
- A rainwater tank has been provided, but it is suggested that campers bring their own drinking water.
- An amenities block provides both men’s and ladies toilets and showers. Please note that the showers are cold bore water only.
- Dogs and horses can be taken to the reserve. Dogs must be registered under the Companion Animals Register and kept on a leash. Horses must be yarded.
- There are no powered sites.
- No firewood is to be collected from the Reserve or the National Park. Please bring your own firewood.
- No generators or chainsaws are permitted.
- The Upper Colo Reserve is a family friendly camping ground and therefore it is not an appropriate venue for bucks/hens parties, 21st birthday parties or other functions of this nature.
- Campers should not attend the Reserve without transport. Transport to and from the Reserve is essential in case of emergency evacuation.
- Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult whilst at the Reserve.
Please respect the reserve and its wildlife as we would like to keep it for future generations The motto for the Colo Wilderness area is “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”
For more information and for bookings, please contact the staff at the Hawkesbury City Council on 02 4560 4444 or visit their website: www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/services/places-and-facilities/upper-colo-camping/bookings
3. GREAT DIVIDE TOURS – 4WD Tag-along Tours with Vic Widman.
Great Divide Tours offers tag along tours to virtually every part of Australia. Their Tag Along tours provide the safety and professionalism of a long established touring company. Vic started operating in 1990 long before any other Sydney based tag along operators. On each tag along you will be accompanied by one or two highly experienced guides who also possess either Certificate 2 or Certificate 4 level in Work Place Training and Assessment. In other words, the guides that lead you are also our highly skilled 4WD training instructors that teach our clients the skills of four wheel driving. Their guides also possess a vast knowledge of Australian history and the network of roads that criss-cross this exciting land.
The majority of their tours are self catered and camping style, this keeps your costs down. Most of their tours are suited to using a camper trailer and training is also provided for this as well, which is good if you’ve never 4WD before with a trailer.
For more information and for bookings, please contact Vic or Julie Widman at Great Divide Tours on 02 9913 1395 or visit their website: www.greatdividetours.com.au/tours.htm